It goes without saying that every avid golfer needs a golf stand bag to pack their clubs, balls, and tees. There is no way to get around the fairway without one. There are all kinds of golf bags available on the market today, so choosing the one that best suits your needs can seem difficult.
To be able to offer the best golf bags, we analyzed dozens of their most well-known offerings. We compared them on a variety of variables, such as size, substance, durability, capacity, ease of use, and other handy extra features. Additionally, we checked typical customer testimonials to discover which versions consumers like.
Our Best Choice Sun Mountain C130 Cart Bag
A golf bag should primarily be operational, and the Sun Mountain C-130 cart bag certainly fits the bill. With 10 zippered pockets (two velvet-lined for valuables and one water-resistant) and 14 individual full-length dividers, this golf bag can hold all your clubs and possessions with ease. Plus, it has a built-in putter well that protects your chairs and keeps them easily available at all times.
- An insulated pocket is ideal for drinks and snacks
- Includes a matching rain cover
- Three integrated top handles make this bag easier to maneuver
- Because of the opposite orientation, it is much simpler to get into your clubs while switching to a cart. Plus, it has a padded shoulder strap for comfortable carrying to and from the cart.
Best Golf Cart Bag : Bag Boy Golf Cooling Cart Bag
If you’re someone who likes a few cans of beer while you’re making your way down the fairway, the Bag Boy Golf Chiller Cart Bag may be the perfect choice for you. The large cooler bag can fit six 340-gram cans and can be removed from the main body of this golf bag. Even if you don’t use this large cooler, it is still a great golf bag. Even the 14 long dippers keep your clubs where they should be and easy to get to at all times. There is also an oversized putter good for putters with extra-wide handles.
- Top-Lok technology allows for secure cart attachment
- Many pockets for all types of accessories
- Six color options are available
- The Bag Boy is made from 420 denier research nylon and includes a reinforced base for added durability. Ergonomic soft-grip handles make it easy to lift this tote onto whatever type of cart you choose to use.
Best Golf Bag: TaylorMade Flextech
While it has a few less pockets and more contoured pockets compared to many cart bags to make it more portable, it has plenty of room for all the essentials. There are a total of 10 pockets, such as an insulated pocket using a drain and a microfiber-lined, seam-sealed pocket for valuables. It holds 14 clubs with reinforced and well-padded dividers. The holder is easy to use and will keep your golf bag safe on all kinds of courses.
- Includes a zippered ball pocket
- High-quality Flextech rack system
- Self-adjusting strap for more comfortable carrying
Important Features to Consider
A golf bag must have a few crucial features. Here is what to consider when choosing a golf bag:
Cart bag vs. carrier bag. Perhaps the first thing to decide is whether you need a cart bag or a stand bag. A cart bag is designed to fit inside a golf cart or even a handheld golf cart. Therefore, it cannot stand on its own. Since you will simply carry it from the cart, it is prone to get tons of storage. A support bar is designed to be carried between pockets and contains a built-in stand to keep it upright while you create your own picture. An average tripod bag is lightweight and often has fewer storage pockets than a cart bag.
Dividers. Dividers are placed in the main body of a golf bag in different clubs. Full-length dividers would be the best, as they cover the entire length of the bag to provide better separation and much more protection for your golf clubs. Most golf bags have 14 part dividers, but a few have an additional 15th pocket to get a high grip putter.
Pockets. Golf bag pockets are designed to hold all your other golf essentials. Most bags have convenient pockets for balls and shirts, velvet-lined pockets or similar valuables, cooler pockets for drinks, and full-length pockets for larger pieces, like raincoats.
Move the straps around. All golf bags have straps, but it’s important that they are well-padded and comfortable on rack bags, as you’ll be carrying them much farther than you would a cart bag.
Durability. Look into the overall durability of any golf bag you are considering. They should have good, strong seams and also be made from sturdy fabrics, such as heavy-duty nylon.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I put my golf bag on?
Everything you’ll need for golf should be placed on your golf bag. Obviously, it will include your own clubs, balls, and t-shirts, but you may also need to pack gloves, an umbrella, waterproof gear, drinks, and sunscreen.
Which clubs move where in my golf bag?
There is no set sequence in which clubs should be placed in your golf bag, but many golfers want to buy their clubs so they know where to find what they want without hesitation. The best method to buy your golf clubs would be with the driver at the very top and every other club laid out from top to bottom in the tote, ending with the club in the base (some luggage actually has dedicated pockets for walkers at the bottom exactly where).
How do you pack a golf bag for travel?
If you travel with your golf clubs, you will need another instance for the golf bag. It is possible to buy both hard cases and soft circumstances. The soft cases are a little lighter, but the difficult instances offer more security.
Exactly what are golf bag pockets?
Golf bag pockets are for anything you want to carry with the golf clubs, aside from your own clubs. In addition to the equipment you want to play golf, you can also use pockets to keep your personal belongings, such as your phone number, keys, and wallet.
TaylorMade 5.0 ST Stand Bag
- Multi handle 8-way golf club top
- 6 total pockets including a water bottle sleeve
- Removeable XL ball pocket
- Veloured lined dry pocket
- 4. 5 Lbs.
- Brand TaylorMade
- Color Black/White
- Material Polyester
- Number of Dividers 14
- Item Weight 4.5 Pounds
- Number Of Pockets 6
TaylorMade Select ST Stand Bag
- Brand TaylorMade
- Color Navy/White/Red
- Material Polyester
- Strap Type Adjustable
- Number of Dividers 7
- Item Weight 5 Pounds
- Number Of Pockets 6
- The padded adjustable dual strap system
- Anti-split stand system
- Integrated pocket design
- Grab handles on top cuff
- Weight: ~5 lb
Cobra Golf 2020 Ultralight Stand Bag
- 5-way top with designated full-length club dividers and top grab handle
- Oversized apparel pocket with key clip, Fleece-lined valuables pockets, Insulated Beverage pocket fits a large water bottle.
- Quick-release shoulder straps and hip pad with Coolflow foam.
- Easyflex base for maximum ground contact.
- Total pockets=8 weight=4.5LBS
Golf Stand Bag 14 Way Top Dividers
- 【14 Way Top with Lift Assist Handle】14 Individual well for every club, keep things well-organized from scratch against each other, superior to many bags with [14 dividers and only 5 wells]. The integrated handle to the top cuff allow for easy access and maneuverability.
- 【9 Front Facing Pockets Large Space】9 pockets including one full-length bag and shoe bag, large space for everything needed on a golf course.
- 【Stable Kickstand for Extraordinary Performance】It stands stably on the stand or the PP bottom. Spare all your time and energy on golf!
- 【Extraordinary Durability】High density material features splash-proof, rip-stop, and durable. It has classy looks, a long lifespan, and good performance. All in all, it would be an ideal update for your old one or starters who don’t know how to choose a golf bag.
- 【Easy Carry System】Padded dual shoulder strap system for carrying comfort. And the strap is easy to install thanks to the upgraded buckle.
Club Champ Deluxe Stand Golf Bag
- Dual strap with hip pad for carrying comfort
- 7-Way padded 8″ x 10″ top opening
- 5 pockets including cooler & valuables pocket
- Protective zippered Hood
- Towel ring, glove patch, umbrella holder & more
Cleveland Golf Stand Bag
- Brand Cleveland Golf
- Color Black/Charcoal/White
- Material Polyester
- Item Dimensions LxWxH36 x 13 x 10 inches
- Number of Dividers 14
- Item Weight 7 Pounds
- 9. 0” 14-way divider
- 8 grab handles for easy loading
- Waterproof zipper valuable pockets
- Insulated cooler bottle pocket
- 13 Convenience pockets
CALLAWAY GOLF 2018 HYPER LITE 3
This Callaway Hyper Lite golf stand bag features 4 oversized club wells that keep the total weight down to just 3.5kg (which is pretty good for a stand bag).
It has 7 zippered pockets, including an insulated pocket, and a precision-fit shoulder strap system that makes it very easy to balance this bag on your pack or hip.
The material seems durable, so it performs well even if you’re not particularly careful about how you treat your bags.
- Made of quality material
- Comfortable shoulder strap
- A rain cover is included
- Feet are a bit unstable
- Limited color options
SUN MOUNTAIN 3.5 LS
This is another 4-split bag, so be prepared to pull out your headgear. That said, this may be the most comfortable stand bag we’ve ever played with. The “X” crossed shoulder harness makes it easy to carry this already lightweight bag down the fairway.
This bag weighs only 3.5 pounds unloaded. It has 7 waterproof zippered storage pockets, including an insulated cooler pocket.
- Very lightweight
- Carbon fiber legs
- Made of good material
- Sags a bit when standing up
- Velcro straps are not very strong
SUBTLE PATRIOT COVERT 15 CLUB GOLF STAND BAG 5 WAY TOP
We really liked the slim, striped design of this Subtle Patriot bag, which has 5 oversized club slots on top and weighs 7 pounds. There are 9 pockets in total; seven of them are zippered and two are mesh.
It’s a sturdy stand bag that has clips for your towels and gloves and an insulated cooler pocket.
- Feet have rubber spikes
- Attractive design
- Secret storage pocket
- Not made in the USA.
- Strap is fragile
COBRA GOLF 2020 ULTRALIGHT
Stand bags should at least be practical. But this Cobra stand bag takes it to another level. First of all, there are 5 top slots for your clubs that are perfect for your most important clubs. They won’t clash with each other in this bag.
Second, this Cobra bag has a very comfortable shoulder and hip harness that allows you to carry your own bags effortlessly. And the harness attaches and detaches very easily. There are also some nice quality-of-life enhancements, like fleece-lined valuables pockets and an insulated water bottle holder.
The whole package weighs just under 5 pounds and performs very well on the course. When the legs are engaged, the bottom of the pack flexes and conforms to the ground, whether it’s flat, bumpy, or sloped.
- Holds clubs very well
- Comes in several color options
- Very strong when legs are engaged
- Zippers on all 8 pockets sometimes get stuck.
- Not for cart use
TITLEIST PLAYERS 4 STADRY
This is a 14 compartment bag from the top with a dedicated putter well to protect it and your other clubs from bumping into each other.
There are a total of 11 zippered and sewn-in waterproof compartments, making this another good bag if you live in a rainy climate. There’s a removable golf pouch if you want the bag to be a little more streamlined, and the whole thing can also be attached to your cart.
This Titleist bag weighs 9 pounds, but that’s largely thanks to its super-strong legs. The legs are made of aluminum and are hinged at the bottom to accommodate the terrain you’re on. Overall, the legs offer great stability when you’re getting your clubs out and in.
- Large pocket for clothes
- The shoulder strap is lined with a very comfortable foam
- Weight is well balanced
- A little too heavy
- Irons sometimes clash in this bag
, See? You don’t have to spend a ton to get a great golf bag. Overall, we think the Sun Mountain Teton bag performed the best. It was the perfect balance of lightweight design and intuitive functionality.
But whatever your preference, you’re sure to find something that works for you on our list, so check out these bags today!